Congratulations and Thank you Melissa Fox, Healing with Horses Ranch January 2012 Volunteer of the Month! Melissa has been instrumental in:
- Getting NYOS Charter School to be the first client of Healing with Horses Ranch
- Registering Healing with Horses Ranch as a Delegation for Special Olympics so that her son will ride with the HwH-13 team!
- searching grant possibilities for funding
- initiating the planning of the Open House as well as the volunteer fundraiser
- Volunteered well over 17 hours in January
We celebrated January and February Birthdays (Happy birthday to Melissa Fox, Laura Bailey, Ravyn Finch, Bill McKee, Monica Pierce, Kim D'Andrea and Tim Ray!)
In January we had over 360 volunteer hours and 2 large groups out (Thanks Texas Wrangler Maverics and Texas Darlins!).
We also celabrated Gabby's life. She will be missed terribly! I now have to make it real and make a Rainbow Bridge Option on the Horses Page. That makes me very sad!
A special thanks goes out to Mark Jubinski, Michael Speciale, Lisa Foight, and Nick D'Andrea who came out on Thursday and helped shore up fencing so that there is absolutely no chance of any of the horses ever getting out onto the road again! Another huge thank you goes out to Beca Moore and Laura Bailey, two of UT's finest students! From the time that they heard about Gabby until they got out to the ranch to feed (horses and John and I), they networked and found people to volunteer to provide fencing and installation of the fencing for the ranch. How do they have it together already? I meet the most amazing people!