Last week a dear friend of mine, Fonda Ghiardi, contacted me to see how Healing with Horses Ranch was fairing. I told her about all of the exciting things that were happening.
- Last year we had over 5300 volunteer hours documented.
- We are starting a Veteran’s Program
- Last week we started 5 new “at-risk” youth
- Plans for building a covered arena
- 2 interns working on projects
- 2 new staff members
- Starting a hippotherapy program
- 3 floods which caused some major set-backs such as the loss of our perimeter fencing
- The need of a permanent mounting ramp
- The plans for creating a coastal hay field and the costs involved
I would like to thank Fonda and the Board of Directors of The Davis Mountain Therapeutic Riding Center for choosing Healing with Horses Ranch to make a difference! Not only did they fulfill a need of a permanent mounting ramp (make that two), but they also donated riding helmets, surcingles, 3 saddles, bridles, and other tack. But more impactful was the almost $20000 that was granted to Healing with Horses Ranch for horse care and for the start-up funds for the Veteran’s Program. I am so filled with awe, love, and appreciation!